Friday, September 18, 2009

Thing #3.1 Lifelong Learning


  • Which habit(s) may be most challenging for you to employ as part of your Learning 2.0 experience?
In general terms, I am a lifelong learner -- I crave it. I am constantly reading books of all types, and I love to share what I've learned with others. I have always been drawn to jobs, hobbies, and careers that demand continuing education. It is difficult for me to fathom working in an atmosphere that did not require a constant updating of knowledge and skills. Most challenging for me will be using my time wisely. My son is just about ten weeks old, and as many of you might know, it is an unusually demanding time in his life! With a few early (earlier than usual, anyway) rises, completing the requirements for this course should not be that big of a problem.
  • Which habit(s) will be easiest, or are most resonant for you as a lifelong learner?
Writing is a lifelong love for me, so being required to write will not be difficult for me at all, except with regard to finding time to do it. I also am a bit of a techno-geek, so zipping through technology-exploration tasks will not be anything but intriguing for me. 23 Things and I were meant to be!
  • Which habit do you think will be most important for youas you work through this course, and why? The most important habit for me as I work through this course will be to make a regular time to sit down and get the work done. I've found that creating a firm structure like that is something that is almost essential for me -- I am the poster child for adult ADHD at times. And I had to make a decision a few years ago, when I started work on my Masters Degree at UNT, that I was going to have to build into my day certain times to accomplish my reading and note-taking and test-studying and paper-writing. Luckily, that decision has served me well, and though it's been difficult at times, my GPA reflects some pretty good study habits. It doesn't hurt that I am SO interested in what I am studying. I believe the same tenets will apply to this course.

1 comment:

  1. I have such a love for learning and reading as well but the hardest thing for me is to find time to do those things. I feel like I am always on the go! I have two small children that keep me busy plus I am an AP teacher. If only we could add a few hours to the day!

    ReplyDelete